Tuesday, February 13, 2007

June 5, 2006

Dear Sassy: Thanks for the reminder to back up my files on the “libfilesbackup” server! I just tried to access the backup server by using the link that you placed on my desktop but I receive an error message when I click on the link. I guess I messed up my link – can you come fix it for me?
~ Broken link on Kings Hwy

Dear Broken: Sassy is so glad that you are trying to back up your files onto the “libfilesbackup” server! Do not worry – you did not mess up your computer. Sassy has complete confidence in you!

If you are receiving error messages regarding the “libfilesbackup” server, then something has gone awry with the server – not with your computer. Sometimes when there is a blip in the electrical power (or just because the server wants a break) it needs to be rebooted. Once the backup server is rebooted you should have no problems accessing it via the link that is on your desktop. Do please let the Systems Department know when you are unable to access the backup server and we can reboot the server.


Dear Sassy: Occasionally when I look at a pdf file, a lot of Adobe Acrobat update options appear. These range from Adobe 3.17912839 to Adobe Exercise-a-rama! How do I determine which updates to select? Should I choose 6.0, 6.1, and 7.0? Help!
~ Trapped on the High wire

Dear Trapped: Great question! Sassy can tell that you are an observant computer user. Sassy is interested in learning what version of Adobe Acrobat Reader you are using. If you are using anything below version 7.0 you will want to update your Reader. In fact, that may be one of your updates that keeps popping up (critical updates are marked with an *asterisk.) If it is not listed, you will want to uninstall the Reader that you have and reinstall the newest version at http://www.adobe.com. Once you have the newest Reader you will want to install the critical updates and then use your own judgment for the other updates. There is normally a description listed that will aid in your decision. Sassy isn’t so sure about the “Adobe Exercise-a-rama” update… As always, if you would like a member of the Systems Department to assist you with this or any other problem, please let us know.

No comments: