Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New stationery in email

Dear Sassy: I would like to have a new stationery for my emails. I have created a template that I would like to use. I've also seen ones on microsoft.com that I would like to download and use as well. I have noticed that there are some ones already on my computer but I would like something new. Is this possible?
~Stationless

Dear Stationless: This is a technologically advanced question. Good job in keeping up with trends! Ok, so you have created a new stationery - most stationerys are either html or image based - and you want to have it in your email. Or you have downloaded a stationery from microsoft.com that you would like to use. First we need to save it in the appropriate place: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery. Once it is saved we can then use it in our emails.

So, open up Outlook and click Actions > New Mail Message Using > More Stationery. Scroll down to select your new stationery. Once you have done this your new stationery will now appear in the drop down menu and you will not need the More Stationery - unless you want to change your stationery.

No comments: