Monday, April 30, 2007

April 30, 2007

Dear Sassy: Every time I open Outlook I get an error message saying that I am missing a scanemal.dll file and that I might be out of memory. I've attached a picture of the error message below. How do I fix this problem?
~Happy Monday












Dear Happy:
Thanks for including an image of the error. The complete error message really helps Sassy to determine what is going on with your machine. There is an "add-in" with Outlook that is trying to talk to McAfee, so what we need to do is to disable this communication. Open up Outlook, click Tools and then Options. Find the Other tab and click Advanced Options and then click on Add-In Manager. Click to clear the Exchange Scan check box and then click Ok to apply. This should solve your error message.

No comments: